This past Saturday Jeana, Everett, Cyndi, Dan and even Dan's wife and my mom came out to continue sorting archival subject "Ligonier People." We divided this subject into several series including "Beverforden family," "Churches," "Perry Township Home Economics Club," "Ligonier Regulators," and well, the list goes on and on! We've sorted piles of paper neatly into 27 tidy archival boxes so far. Nothing is more satisfying than lining the boxes up at the end of the day and soaking it all in!
- Post it notes: just regular old 3x3 Post its in whatever color you can find.
- Plastic paper clips: (we probably need about 1,000 or more)
- Acid free paper to sandwich acidic photos (for now) and highly acidic newspaper clippings.
- Archival box labels: Gaylord ML0600 acid-free shipping labels.
- Legal-sized archival folders: Gaylord AF200HW folders.
We still have four more workshops scheduled for this spring and two more subject collections left to sort. In addition, we have several scrapbooks, ledgers, and other bound volumes to get through. Wish us luck, but better than that, come join us in our cataloging efforts in February!